have breakfast in bed
5 h (including the 4:30 h in bed after breakfast)
Same as anywhere in your house
One morning, your caring partner wakes up early in the morning and silently, while you’re still deeply asleep, brings you a platter with a rose, warm tea, croissants and your favorite jam or honey.
Your bed is impeccably made, the light coming from the window is bright, and in the background, the music is romantic.
You wake up, a smile on your face, no trace of the pillow on your cheek or memory of your night on your hair.
Your breath is fantastic and you kiss them to say thank you.
Obviously my friends, I’m just fantasizing here.
That’s not what happened yesterday.
In my life, there is no way I can do it. Kids are always around and ready to join the party in my bed. So having breakfast in bed is complicated.
Unless I do it…
…on a Monday morning.
That’s what I did yesterday.
After Hubby took the kids to school, instead of taking my laptop to work from my coffee shop, I stayed home.
I made myself breakfast: pancakes, maple syrup and latte.
I chose beautiful China plates.
Arranged everything on a red and black lacquer tray I love.
Took one of our flowery TV trays to my bedroom.
And sat on my bed. Looking…
The light coming from the window was bright, and in the background, the music was romantic.
A smile on my face, some pillow trace on my cheeks and great memories of my night on my hair.
But happy in bed.
For the following 5 hours…
WHY IS IT SELF-CARE? Enjoying breakfast in bed is a relaxing and cozy way to start your day. Perfect if you’re not in a rush.
MORE ABOUT THIS
Having breakfast is bed is great but I personally follow a few rules to enhance the experience:
- Don’t literally eat in bed. Otherwise, you might end up with crumbs on your sheets
- Have a tray on your bed’s side, sit comfortably and eat.
- When you’re done, you can go back to lying position and drink another cup of tea.
- Have a thermos or insulated pot for your beverage. It gets cold very quickly.
- Warm up your food well. You don’t wont to eat food at room temperature, it’s not good
- Make sure to prepare everything so that you don’t have to go back to the kitchen: napkins, water, condiments.
- Last but not least: try to have as much time as possible after breakfast to enjoy staying in bed, napping or reading. Yesterday, I stayed in bed until 1:30 PM and I worked from there. It was very pleasant.