have an osteopathic treatment
1 h 30
This post is going to be short because I’m tired.
I’m tired because I had an osteopathic treatment yesterday.
I had an osteopathic treatment because I have one every summer.
I have one every summer because once a year, I need someone to help me restore balance in my body.
I need someone to help me restore balance in my body because I do many things wrong: carry the kids, spend a lot of time behind a computer, have insufficient workout, etc.
I do many things wrong because life is not perfect.
Life is not perfect because that’s just the way life is.
That’s just the way life is and otherwise, it would be called a fairy tale.
Life is not a fairy tale but still, there are magicians in it.
Some of them are called osteopaths.
I’ve seen one yesterday.
Osteopaths take you in their den and in a semi-obscure atmosphere -you don’t know exactly how- they manipulate your body.
They’re feeling, stretching, touching, pressing, turning, cracking, grinning, listening.
And when they’re done, they tell you to go back home and have some rest.
They tell you you’re going to be so tired you might not be able to stay awake.
They say that after a session, your body needs to process what was done to it.
“When you wake up”, they add, “you will feel like new”.
I’m not in the part of the story where I’m feeling new yet.
I’m where I can’t keep my eyes open.
So I’m leaving you now my friends to let the magic happen.
Much love and see you tomorrow.
WHY IS IT SELF-CARE? Osteopathy is a type of medicine based on manual manipulations of your body. It allows your body to restore its balance and function properly, using its natural reserves and strengths.
It works pretty well on all types of pain (back, shoulder, migraines…).
MORE ABOUT THIS
Here are a few things you need to know if you’re having an osteopathic treatment:
- Wear super comfy clothes. You might be asked to keep them on and you want to feel comfortable and be able to move freely if so.
- You might also be asked to take your clothes off. In that case, wear underwear you’re comfortable showing.
- Allow yourself to have plenty of rest after the session. 24 hours is a minimum but I’d suggest that you have 48 hours during which you can relax and live at your own rhythm. You will need a lot of sleep.
- Don’t workout 48 hours after the session. Your body is deeply manipulated during and needs to rest.
- After a session, schedule activities that won’t take you much energy. Try not to work, not to drive, not to exhaust yourself to get the most benefit of what you’ve done.
And enjoy your recovered balance.