take 30 minutes for myself
Dear friends, I have a question for you and I want you to be honest: how often do you get a full night’s sleep?
I hope your responses will comfort me because personnally, I almost never do.
I wake up at night for more reasons than I can count:
– I need to go to the bathroom. Either I drank 3 cups of tea or none in the evening doesn’t change a thing. I still need to go to the bathroom
– My son wants a bottle of milk
– My daughter feels lonely in her bed and prefers sharing ours
– I hear noise outside, wake up and realize I was dreaming
– My son wants another bottle of milk
– I hear a text message, wake up to check if all is fine and find a message from my provider telling me that my bill has been issued
– And on, and on, and on…
So I was really surprised when I woke up this morning and saw the rising sun through the window.
What happened? Last time I checked, the clock showed 11:30 PM.
Well, there is one thing I did differently yesterday.
Before turning the lights off, I took 30 minutes for myself. Doing nothing.
I made a cup of herbal tea with lavender, verbena, and probably thyme (not sure what it was), lowered the lights, placed a heated pad on my belly and sat there.
Just enjoying the pleasure of being in a comfy and warm bed, with no noise around me.
No TV show, no book, just me and the semi-darkness.
It was cool.
And then it was the morning.
I’ll try it again and let you know how it goes, dear friends.
But first, tell me, and be honest: how often do you get a full night’s sleep?
Did you like this post? Please share it. It would mean a lot to me and help your friends take better care of themselves.
WHY IS IT SELF-CARE? Silence and rest restore pyshological and emotional balance. They are necessary to charge batteries and will help you get to sleep faster.
MORE ABOUT THIS
A few tips for this one:
1. Leave your phone in another room. Or at least, put in a place where it’s out of reach.
2. Don’t be in total darkness. If you are, you might fall asleep, especially if you’re tired. And you won’t enjoy the pleasure of resting.
3. You can place a pillow under your feet to elevate them and improve your blood’s circulation and your back’s posture.
4. When you choose your herbal tea, make sure it’s not caffeinated.