have a raclette party
I was invited that day but I’d say $150-180 for 6 (without wine)
According to Wikipedia, Raclette is: “a dish indigenous to parts of Switzerland. A modern way of serving it involves an electric table-top grill with small pans, in which to melt slices of Raclette cheese. The grill is surmounted by a hot plate or griddle. The cheese is brought to the table sliced, accompanied by platters of boiled or steamed potatoes, other vegetables and charcuterie…
BLAH BLAH BLAH“
This encyclopedic (and emotionless) definition of the dish is a thousand miles away from reflecting the pleasure, joy and fun of a Raclette.
At a Raclette party, everybody is happy.
1. The cook: because all they have to do is boil potatoes, slice a couple vegetables, put the cheese and charcuterie in plates and place the grill at the center of the table. And let everybody cook what they want, the way they want.
2. The soul: Raclette is comfort food at its best: warm, melted and always synonym of good times.
3. The host: there is no way after throwing a Raclette party that the host isn’t praised as a hero for saving everybody from the winter’s blues.
4. The kids: they eat the way they want because parents are too busy with their food to pay attention to what children are doing.
5. The dish washer: because there is nothing left in the plates, washing and cleaning the table can’t be easier.
6. The guests: because they leave with a memorable souvenir they can add to their repertoire of the happiest and warmest moments ever.
That was our case when we left my friend Amaria’s house yesterday, sated with great food and joy.
Thank you so much for having us Amaria. Love!
Did you like this post? Please share it. It would mean a lot to me and help your friends take better care of themselves.
WHY IS IT SELF-CARE? I’m Moroccan, so French Raclette was initially not in my traditions. The magic of comfort food is that it speaks to the heart. It’s international and works for all. You don’t need to be French to enjoy melted cheese over potatoes 🙂
MORE ABOUT THIS
For a perfect raclette, you will need a Raclette Grill, family and friends and the following:
– Raclette cheese: you should be able to find it in a gourmet store or you can order it online;
– Boiled potatoes;
– A mix of charcuterie: ham, chorizo, salami…;
– A mix of vegetables: mushrooms, onions, peppers;
– Cornichons (pickled gherkin cucumbers) and picked onions;
– A playful attitude: try all possible combinations, share with the others aroudn the table or make a contest of the best “raclette mix”.