massage my face
I enjoyed this self-care so much that I massaged my face twice yesterday 🙂
Once in the morning after a warm shower. And once in the evening right before sleeping.
Which one was best?
Both were cool but I liked the morning one better.
It might be because I’m a morning person.
Or it might be because I had just taken a shower and my skin was warm, clean and ready to absorb my face oil.
Plus, before starting, I splashed my face with cold water.
The contrast between my warm skin and cold water was exactly what I needed to stimulate blood circulation and get energized.
Now that I’ve tried that, I made the decision to massage my face everyday.
It’s super relaxing and has so many benefits that I can’t cite them all here. But here are a few:
- It relieves the tensions in your face and massages your wrinkles out.
- It brings radiance by increasing blood flow to your face and soothing the muscles (for better results, massage the soft lines around the mouths, the eyes and brows)
- It acts as a natural facelift. When you stimulate your face muscles, you bring oxygen, a natural anti-aging skin care to that area.
- It increases the effectiveness of your facial treatments because it allows your skin to absorb them better
- It detoxifies your skin by removing the excess dead skin cells
- It reduce dark circles, uneven pigmentation, acne scars, broken capillaries
- It tones your muscles. Just like the rest of your body, your face muscles need to exercise and a face massage is a perfect work out (you can also have a good laugh. It helps too J)
The best part of it?
When you look at yourself it the mirror and you look like you had a 48-hour sleep.
I think it’s a cool way to start a brand new day 🙂 What about you?
WHY IS IT SELF-CARE? A face massage is good for your skin, your facial muscles, and your stress. A perfect relaxing/toning combination.
MORE ABOUT THIS
One of the most important thing when you massage your face is to use a natural oil.
Here are a few oils and their properties.
- Argan: that’s the one I personally use (Neroli and Argan Serum) because it combines the greatest scent with super hydrating and anti-oxidant properties.
- Avocado: if your skin is irritated
- Coconut: if you have a super sensitive skin or eczema
- Rose hip seed: if you have uneven pigmentation and acne-prone skin.
In any case, please don’t use oils if you have rashes.
Some oils might leave marks on your face so always apply a sunscreen after using them if you want to go out.
Love to all and enjoy.